Have your house flooded with water? Or recently there has been a water leakage from somewhere, and you are unable to detect?
If the water is seeping through the tile, then there must be some pipe burst, damaged grounds, or flooding. If there are some cracks and crevices, it could invite rainwater to penetrate the flooring.
Check for drainage systems. As they too get flooded and clogged at times.
In such a situation, water extraction has to be done quickly and efficiently.
When seeking professional help in such short notices, it is better to do the work by you and to start the extraction process, as soon as possible.
But before that, we need to know what it is?
What is Water Extraction?
It is the process of extracting water from an unwanted surface or when there is excess water on the floor and grounds.
Though you might start working initially, leave the greater work to the professionals. Only they have the proper expertise and proper tools for water extraction.
Its purpose is to reduce the risk of damages to the property, to avoid the growth of moulds, and also restoration the quality of the property.
Tools that can be used for Water Extraction:
Pumps are commonly used to extract water in flooded regions; dryers are used to dry up the walls and other corners of the building. Some vacuums are used to remove water from solid surfaces like carpet, bed, etc.
Industrial-grade dehumidifiers help to prevent secondary water damages, namely, swelling and warping of floors, walls, and other areas.
High-speed air movers create airflow across walls, carpets, pads, and other places which boost up the whole evaporation process.
How to Extract Water?
Water extraction is a tedious job and is good if left to the professionals.
The following steps consist of a step-by-step process to help water extraction.
- Try to locate and stop the excess water source: Obviously, this has to be the first step. If this is not resolved, there is no use of the after steps. One has to find the exact location or reason for the situation.
- Look closely for safety hazards: This includes electrical cables and wires that might have fallen or wired off. Check for MCB or energy meter to cut down the power supply from the source. Faulty cables, if reach the water surface, could get people electrocuted.
- Extract the water, and then dry up the area: Only after extracting the water volume, you can start working on the ground. Upon reaching the surface, use driers and dry up the body. Drying even helps to notice things that were invisible before. The experts carefully monitor the progress using moisture meters until the material returns to their original state.
- Disinfecting and Sanitizing the place: Without proper disinfectant and sanitizing procedures, the whole process remains incomplete. It is not only done to kill the bacteria, but also prevent its further growth.
- Dehumidify Homes: While extracting water, when moisture is sucked out, it helps remove the excess humidity in the building. Circulating dry air can dry out the whole moisture very quickly and efficiently.
What is the difference between Water Extraction and Water Mitigation?
Water mitigation comes right after Water extraction. After careful obtaining water, comfort removes all the salvageable materials to reduce the amount of loss due to water flooding.
What is the importance of Water Extraction?
Houses getting flooded with water and being unable to walk throughout the house. With a bad odour and wet surfaces everywhere, it becomes too hard to withstand such conditions.
Water Extraction allows professionals to extract and dry up the water affected areas very efficiently.
If not done in time, the houses can get permanently damaged, and moulds would start to grow very quickly, as they multiply at a havoc rate in humid areas.
Several water diseases spread through contaminated water. Skin rashes, allergies, asthma attacks, cholera, typhoid, and many more waterborne diseases affect humans shortly after floods.
When controlled in time, they leave very little damage that can be dealt with.
Here lie the benefits of Water extraction.
Expenses involved in Water Extraction:
Highly trained professionals are chosen for this job. It is completely up to them, how much to charge.
Roughly it depends on the amount of energy invested, machinery adopted, and risks handled.
Rates would vary from company to company, but you should not be much worried about the costs involved when your whole house is at stake.
Whatever reasons might have caused the flooding of your building, immediate action needs to be taken to protect your property. Do not unnecessarily start carpet water extraction procedures on your own, rather seek expert help.
Let professionals do their job.