When ending a lease in Melbourne, there is lot to do including the cleaning. It’s certainly a good idea to hire professional end of lease cleaners to help you get your bond back. This cleaning service is also commonly referred to as Vacate Cleaning Melbourne.
Vacate Cleaning Service is not just limited to lease. Whether you are preparing your house for sale, or even handing it over, you need to get it cleaned. This brings us to our subject.
How much does Vacate Cleaning Cost?
Undoubtedly, cleaning a house top to bottom needs a lot of time and elbow grease. To help calculate cost, we need to keep property size, condition and layout in mind. Moreover, if you have carpets, you would need to get it professionally steam cleaned. Let’s look at some estimates below.
A professional cleaning company would charge anywhere between $40 per hour to $50 per hour per person for cleaning. So, if your property takes 4 hours to clean, you can expect to pay between $160 to $200 depending on the hourly cost.
Generally, vacate cleaners will quote you based on the number of hours estimated for your property size. For example, a vacate cleaning company in Melbourne charges $45 per hour for exit cleaning. They estimate around 5 hours for cleaning a standard size 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment in reasonable condition. Based on this calculation, they quote $225 for apartment cleaning. Carpet Steam Cleaning is quoted an extra $75 assuming carpets in 2 bedrooms and a small living room.
In Contrast, In Canberra, this can cost you more. So, a same 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment would cost you around $400 for bond back cleaning.
In addition, be ready to pay extra for any outside cleaning like porch, outside windows, balcony, so on and so forth.
End Of Lease Cleaning Checklist
Furthermore, if you are wondering, what all is included in the standard End of Lease Cleaning or Vacate Cleaning, here’s the list.
- Clean all cabinets from inside and outside
- Wipe Clean all surface areas including Splashback, benchtops etc.
- Deep Clean of Oven including Grills and Trays
- Cleaning cook top, grill, rangehood exterior and degrease range hood filter
- Clean the sink and taps
- Clean shower screen including all soap scum, grime
- Scrub shower tiles and grout and spray mould remover
- Clean bathtub (if any)
- Wipe Clean all surface areas, shower rails and mirrors
- Clean Vanity and taps
Everywhere in the house
- Clean all cupboards and wardrobes inside and outside
- Remove the cobwebs
- Wipe clean all inside windows and sills
- Dust the vents
- Wipe the skirting boards
- Clean light switches
- Vacuum all floors and mop hard floors
- Steam clean carpets (if applicable)
Read more about how to choose a cleaner here.